Note: Programs may be entered into more than one category but each category has to have a separate entry form and fee.
101. Documentary: Program that profiles true-to-life people, places, organizations, or program that examines true-to-life event(s), occurrences or issues and provides factual information without fictional elements.
201. Instructional & Training: Programming of a “how-to” nature… informational and skill-building feature (often hands-on) to help viewers accomplish a goal.
301. News & Magazine: Entertainment, information, or variety show or series comprised of short, self- contained segments; or an edited series, or a program that offers reports on local topics and events around a town, city or school.
401. PSAs & Promos / One-off: Station IDs, show promos, informational piece about PEG, short scripted production, or a short public service announcement about a nonprofit organization.
501. PSAs & Promos / Series: Station IDs, show promos, informational piece about PEG, short scripted production, or a short public service announcement about a nonprofit organization.
601. Sports Programming / Single Camera: Coverage of a sporting event/Game and/or sports competition captured using only camera. (non-promo)
701. Sports Programming / Multi-Camera: Coverage of a sporting event/Game and/or sports competition captured using two or more cameras. (non-promo)
801. Talk Show: Any subject or topic based program that includes opinion/interview-based discussion of a person or event to generate interest and educate the public.
901. Public Meetings: Coverage of an open meeting for the community including town meetings, board of education, etc.
1000. Ceremonies and Parades (i.e.: Memorial Day), Ceremonies (i.e.: Veteran’s Day or Government Awards/Recognition)
1100. Concerts / Single Camera: Coverage of events in your community including summer concert series, jazz in the park, holiday concerts, etc. captured using only one camera (Long Form – non-promo/segment)
1200. Concerts /Multiple Camera: Coverage of events in your community including summer concert series, jazz in the park, holiday concerts, etc. captured using two or more cameras (Long Form – non-promo/segment)
1300. Community Development Events: Coverage of ground breaking, grand openings and ribbon cutting ceremonies in your community.
1400. Talent/Awards/Performance: Coverage of organizational programs or events such as libraries, theatre, fraternal organizations, religious groups, non-profits etc. (Long-Form: Live/Live To Tape, Non-Concert)