Judging and Submitting
Judging is based on five basic criteria: Content, Creativity, Technical Elements – Audio, Technical Elements – Video, and Overall Reaction. There are a total of 15 competitive categories.
- SUBMISSION OPENS:
- January 1, 2022
- SUBMISSION FORMAT:
- MPEG-4 only –
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE:
- February 28, 2022: NO EXCEPTIONS
- All registration forms must be received by 8pm EDT on February 28, 2022
- SUBMISSION FEES:
- 1st entry: $25 member, $50 Non-JAG member
- 2 entries: $50 member, $100 Non-JAG member
- 3 entries: $75 member, $150 Non-JAG member
- 4 entries: $100 member, $200 Non-JAG member
- 5 entries $125 member, $250 Non-JAG member
- All payments or purchase order must be received by May 1st, 2022 or the entry may be disqualified. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if unable to meet this deadline.
Pay online with PayPal or Credit Card at the registration site, a municipal purchase order, or by check. If you don’t know if you are a current Jersey Access Group member, please contact Linda Besink at: email@example.com.
Make checks payable to Jersey Access Group
Mail check or purchase order to:
Jersey Access Group, PO Box 164, Metuchen, NJ 08840
- SUBMISSION ELIGIBILITY
- All programs must have been produced & aired (cablecast) between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021.
- Entries may be any length; however judges are only required to watch 15 minutes of each entry.
- Single Programs
- You may submit any part of a program or programs: such as the beginning and end, or beginning and middle,
- Series Programs
- You may submit three to four segments from a series program, not exceeding 5 minutes for each segment (clearly delineate between each segment with a slate or fade).
- You must not re-edit the segments for the purpose of this contest; they must appear as they were originally produced and aired (cablecast).
- Single Programs
- All entries must be accompanied by a 30 second highlight clip for use as part of the JAG Video Awards presentation.
- Each entry will be adjudicated in the following scoring form:
- Gold (76 to 100% of the maximum score)
- Silver (51 to 75% of the maximum score)
- Bronze (25 to 50% of the maximum score)
- Each category will be awarded in the following form:
- Award of Excellence Each Category
- Award of Distinction Each Category
- Award of Recognition Each Category
- Award of Excellence Independent
- Award of Excellence Non-profit
- All Award of Excellence trophies will be presented at the JAG Awards Banquet, May 25, 2022
- All adjudication Certificates will be available for pick up at JAG Awards Banquet, May 25, 2022
- Other trophies can be ordered