Rules & Application
The JAG Video Awards registration opens February 9, 2018.
7th Annual JAG Video Awards
Includes Free College Student Category
Submission deadline: Monday, April 16, 2018
The registration is open to members of the public and at a discount rate to members of the Jersey Access Group.
Not a JAG member? Find out how to become one.
College Student Categories entries are FREE of charge with a limit of five entries.
Click here to enter:
Judging is based on six basic criteria: Content, Technical Quality, Creativity, “Local-centricity”, Style, and Overall Impact. There are a total of 19 competitive categories.
- Submit all entries in MPEG-4 format only – files must be received by Monday, April 16, 2018.
- Entries may be any length; however judges are only required to watch 15 minutes of each entry. You may submit any part of a program or programs: such as the beginning and end, or beginning and middle, etc. of a single program OR three to four segments from a series program, not exceeding 5 minutes for each segment (clearly delineate between each segment with a slate or fade). You must not re-edit the segments for the purpose of this contest; they must appear as they were originally produced.
- All entries must be accompanied by a 15 second highlight clip for use as part of the JAG Video Awards presentation.
- All entries submitted must have been wholly produced between August 1, 2016 and December 31, 2017.
- Entry fees are $50 for JAG members and $75 for non-JAG members, per entry. Enter 4 programs and you get the fifth entry free!!! Pay online with PayPal at the registration site, a municipal purchase order, or by check. Make checks payable to Jersey Access Group. If you don’t know if you are a current Jersey Access Group member, please contact Linda Besink at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Category awards will be in the form of an award for first place, certificates for other category nominees.
- Please label each entry file with the category number, category name, name of entry, and station or organization name.
- Instructions and password will be sent via email for uploading of entries to JAG.
Make checks payable to Jersey Access Group
Mail check or purchase order to:
Jersey Access Group, PO Box 164, Metuchen, NJ 08840
Reasons for Disqualification
- File is not in the required format.
- Files which are not viewable for technical reasons. Judges will make every effort to view your entry. Please check your files before upload.
- An entry that clearly violates a specific requirement of the category in which it is entered.
- Improper alteration or re-editing for the purpose of this contest. Program or excerpts of the program should be entered in this contest as they were originally produced.
- Incorrect payment or failure to pay by May 4, 2018.
- Failure to provide a 15 seconds publicity clip.
- Entry received after April 16, 2018 will not be accepted. This is a REAL deadline and there will be no extensions!
Note: No refunds will be made for any entry that is disqualified, or for errors made by the producer or submitter.
Indemnification and Rights
- All decisions made by the judging panels of the Jersey Access Group Video Awards Committee are final.
- To promote community media, the Jersey Access Group retains the right to use clips of all entries for promotional purposes, including broadcast of the JAG Awards show for a period of two (2) years.
- The producer of the work is responsible for obtaining all approvals, clearances, licenses, etc., for materials contained in the entry and will provide such clearances upon request.
- To volunteer to be a judging site, or for answers to questions, contact: Bob Duthaler- email@example.com
Note: Programs may be entered into more than one category but each category has to have a separate entry form and fee. Awards will be given to first place winners with remaining nominees in each category receiving certificates.