The registration is open to members of the public and at a discount rate to members of the Jersey Access Group. Not a JAG member? Find out how to become one by visiting jagonline.org.
College Student Categories entries are FREE of charge with a limit of five entries.
Click to register for the JAG Awards:
Judging is based on six basic criteria: Content, Technical Quality, Creativity, “Local-centricity”, Style, and Overall Impact. There are a total of 19 competitive categories.
Make checks payable to Jersey Access Group
Mail check or purchase order to:
Jersey Access Group, PO Box 164, Metuchen, NJ 08840
Reasons for Disqualification
Note: No refunds will be made for any entry that is disqualified, or if any other error is made by the producer or submitter of any entry
Indemnification and Rights
Note: Programs may be entered into more than one category but each category has to have a separate entry form and fee. Awards will be given to first place winners with second and third place winners receiving certificates.
1. Arts, Entertainment & Music (Original Productions, non-event coverage): Spoken recital, video and movie wrap-a-round, sketch comedy, variety acts, along with movie and gaming reviews. Traditional or innovative musical/dance performance, creative or experimental music videos, dance, or music/dance artist profiles.
2. Documentary: Program that profiles true-to-life people, places, organizations, or program that examines true-to-life event(s), occurrences or issues and provides factual information without fictional elements.
3. Instructional & Training: Programming of a “how-to” nature… informational and skill-building feature (often hands-on) to help viewers accomplish a goal.
4. Issues & Political Process: Program that includes a monolog or opinion/interview-based discussion of an issue or idea in order to explore points of view, or that involves viewers in the political process, pre-election interviews or coverage of local election night results, commentary, debates, or forums…democracy in action.
5. News & Magazine On-Going Series: Entertainment, information, or variety show or series comprised of short, self- contained segments; or an edited series, or a program that offers reports on local topics and events around a town, city or school. (Long-Form 20min plus)
6. News & Magazine Single Show/One-off: Entertainment, information, or variety show comprised of short, self-contained segments or a program that offers reports on local topics and events around a town, city or school. Can include Short Form Programming (under 20min)
7. PSAs & Promos: Station IDs, show promos, informational piece about PEG, short scripted production, or a short public service announcement about a nonprofit organization. (Must be 2mins or Under)
8. Sports Programming: Coverage of a sporting event/Game and/or sports competition. (non-promo)
9. Talk Show- Government: Programs hosted or centered on a local politician or office. This could include shows featuring a town/city mayor, a local assemblyman, a freeholder, etc.
10. Talk Show- Interview Program: Any subject or topic based program that includes opinion/interview-based discussion of a person or event to generate interest and educate the public.
11. Public Meetings: Coverage of an open meeting for the community including town meetings, board of education, etc.
12. Local Events & Ceremonies- Full Coverage of Parades (i.e.: Memorial Day), Ceremonies (i.e.: Veteran’s Day or Government Awards/Recognition)
13. Local Events- Fairs, Festivals & Car Shows, Arts & Crafts: Coverage of events in your community like a county fair, street fair, car show, summer festivals, etc.
14. Local Events- Concerts: Coverage of events in your community including summer concert series, jazz in the park, holiday concerts, etc. (Long Form – non-promo/segment)
15. Local Events- Community Development Events: Coverage of ground breaking, grand openings and ribbon cutting ceremonies in your community.
16. Local Events- Talent/Awards/Performance: Coverage of organizational programs or events such as libraries, theatre, fraternal organizations, religious groups, non-profits etc. (Long-Form: Live/Live To Tape, Non-Concert)
17. High School Students Only: “Outstanding Up and Coming Award” – These are any video works that May have May NOT been broadcast over the conventional television channels, but follow the appropriate broadcast standards (No obscenity, no nudity, etc.). They could have been created as a class assignment or internal communications – i.e.: internet/streaming.- STUDENTS ONLY
18. College Student Non-Broadcast Category: These are any video works that have NOT been broadcast over the conventional television channels, but follow the appropriate broadcast standards (No obscenity, no nudity, etc.). They could have been created as a class assignment or internal communications – i.e.: internet/streaming. – STUDENTS ONLY
For questions or to volunteer to be a judging site, contact: Bob Duthaler at email@example.com .
All entry must be received no later than Tuesday, November 5, 2019
Payment or purchase order must be received by December 3, 2019 or the entry will be disqualified.
Awards will be presented at the Jersey Access Group JAG Awards Dinner on Thursday, May 23, 2019
at the Eastern Video Expo Conference: Details to follow.
I know this year’s event is going to be great and I hope you will all be there!
We appreciate your support and wish you luck!
JAG Video Awards Committee
Bob Duthaler, Chair
Click to register for the JAG Awards: