Rules & Application
The 2020 JAG Video Awards
New Categories, New Rules, New Awards
Check this site for more details
The JAG Video Awards registration Now Open.
The registration is open to members of the public and at a discount rate to members of the Jersey Access Group. Not a JAG member? Find out how to become one by visiting jagonline.org.
For questions, contact: George Fairfield at email@example.com
Click to register for the JAG Awards:
[button target=”blank” size=”large” color=”blue” link=”https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07egvcznbw163c14f7&oseq=&c=&ch=”]Register[/button]
Note: Programs may be entered into more than one category but each category has to have a separate entry form and fee. Awards will be given to first place winners with other winners receiving certificates.
- Arts, Entertainment & Music (Original Productions, non-event coverage): Spoken recital, video and movie wrap-a-round, sketch comedy, variety acts, along with movie and gaming reviews. Traditional or innovative musical/dance performance, creative or experimental music videos, dance, or music/dance artist profiles.
- Documentary: Program that profiles true-to-life people, places, organizations, or program that examines true-to-life event(s), occurrences or issues and provides factual information without fictional elements.
- Instructional & Training: Programming of a “how-to” nature… informational and skill-building feature (often hands-on) to help viewers accomplish a goal.
- Issues & Political Process: Program that includes a monolog or opinion/interview-based discussion of an issue or idea in order to explore points of view, or that involves viewers in the political process, pre-election interviews or coverage of local election night results, commentary, debates, or forums…democracy in action.
- News & Magazine On-Going Series: Entertainment, information, or variety show or series comprised of short, self- contained segments; or an edited series, or a program that offers reports on local topics and events around a town, city or school. (Long-Form 20min plus)
- News & Magazine Single Show/One-off: Entertainment, information, or variety show comprised of short, self-contained segments or a program that offers reports on local topics and events around a town, city or school. Can include Short Form Programming (under 20min)
- PSAs & Promos: Station IDs, show promos, informational piece about PEG, short scripted production, or a short public service announcement about a nonprofit organization. (Must be 2mins or Under)
- Sports Programming: Coverage of a sporting event/Game and/or sports competition. (non-promo)
- Talk Show- Government: Programs hosted or centered on a local politician or office. This could include shows featuring a town/city mayor, a local assemblyman, a freeholder, etc.
- Talk Show- Interview Program: Any subject or topic based program that includes opinion/interview-based discussion of a person or event to generate interest and educate the public.
- Public Meetings: Coverage of an open meeting for the community including town meetings, board of education, etc.
- Local Events & Ceremonies- Full Coverage of Parades (i.e.: Memorial Day), Ceremonies (i.e.: Veteran’s Day or Government Awards/Recognition)
- Local Events- Fairs, Festivals & Car Shows, Arts & Crafts: Coverage of events in your community like a county fair, street fair, car show, summer festivals, etc.
- Local Events- Concerts: Coverage of events in your community including summer concert series, jazz in the park, holiday concerts, etc. (Long Form – non-promo/segment)
- Local Events- Community Development Events: Coverage of ground breaking, grand openings and ribbon cutting ceremonies in your community.
- Local Events- Talent/Awards/Performance: Coverage of organizational programs or events such as libraries, theatre, fraternal organizations, religious groups, non-profits etc. (Long-Form: Live/Live To Tape, Non-Concert)
Judging is based on five basic criteria: Content, Creativity, Technical Elements – Audio, Technical Elements – Video, and Overall Reaction. There are a total of 16 competitive categories.
- SUBMISSION OPENS: February 2, 2020
- SUBMISSION FORMAT: all entries in MPEG-4 format only –
- SUBMISSION DEADLINE: All registration forms must be received by 8pm EDT on Tuesday, March 31, 2020.
- SUBMISSION FEES: ALL current JAG members can submit 1 entry for free. Each additional entry: JAG member – $50 each; Non-JAG member – $75 each. Payment or purchase order must be received by April 17, 2020 or the entry will be disqualified.
Pay online with PayPal at the registration site, a municipal purchase order, or by check. If you don’t know if you are a current Jersey Access Group member, please contact Linda Besink at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make checks payable to Jersey Access Group
Mail check or purchase order to:
Jersey Access Group, PO Box 164, Metuchen, NJ 08840
- SUBMISSION ELIGIBILITY – All programs must have aired between January 1, 2019 and December 31, 2019.
- Entries may be any length; however judges are only required to watch 15 minutes of each entry. You may submit any part of a program or programs: such as the beginning and end, or beginning and middle, etc. of a single program OR three to four segments from a series program, not exceeding 5 minutes for each segment (clearly delineate between each segment with a slate or fade). You must not re-edit the segments for the purpose of this contest; they must appear as they were originally produced and/or aired.
- All entries must be accompanied by a 30 second highlight clip for use as part of the JAG Video Awards presentation.
- Each category awards will be in the form of a video excellence statue for first place and certificates for Outstanding Videos.
- After March 31, 2020, you will receive instructions on how to upload your video
- Each entry must be uploaded separately.
- File name must include the category number, category name, entry title, and the name of your organization or station.
- Payments can be made by check, purchase order or PayPal with a credit card.
- You may not change or add to your registration form after you have submitted it.
- Maximum of 5 entries per registration form.
- Submission of this registration application certifies that you have the authority to submit this entry and have secured all necessary rights for the material presented in the program.
- I understand that by submitting this entry, I am giving the Jersey Access Group and local broadcast stations the rights for non-commercial use of clips of my winning entry for two years for promotional and/or broadcast of the JAG Video Awards show.
All registration forms must be received no later than Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Payment or purchase order must be received by April 17, 2020 or the entry will be disqualified.
Awards will be presented at the Jersey Access Group JAG Awards Dinner on Thursday, May 21 at the Eastern Video Expo Conference: Details to follow.
Indemnification and Rights
- All decisions made by the judging panels of the Jersey Access Group Video Awards Committee are final.
- To promote community media, the Jersey Access Group retains the right to use clips of all entries for promotional purposes, including broadcast of the JAG Awards show for a period of two (2) years.
- The producer of the work is responsible for obtaining all approvals, clearances, licenses, etc., for materials contained in the entry and will provide such clearances upon request.
For questions contact: George Fairfield at email@example.com
Click to register for the JAG Awards:
[button target=”blank” size=”large” color=”blue” link=”https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07ega40nw473e2ca94&oseq=&c=&ch=”]Register[/button]