Cost-saving Integrations & Time-saving Automation from TelVue
By Jesse Lerman, President and CEO, TelVue Corporation
It’s about time: one of the most precious commodities you as station managers and volunteers offer to your organizations. We know how difficult it can be to achieve efficiency in your operations: the performance of work in the right way and getting to the desired result, but with minimal effort, time, and cost.
TelVue Corporation has always been focused on the latest innovations to help you, the valued JAG member stations, save not only time and money, but to develop and improve system features that will help expand your viewership and increase accessibility. Cost savings can be achieved by integrating and doing more “all-in-one”. Time savings through enhanced, modern automation. Time to work smarter, not harder; time for ready, set, integrated & automate!
TelVue is excited to share with JAG our latest HyperCaster integrations and automation including:
- HyperCaster integrated streaming, saving cost on external streaming & cable encoders.
- HyperCaster integrated multistreaming to social media, saving cost on expensive restreaming services.
- HyperCaster integrated trim & cut editing, saving time cutting out executive sessions from a meeting, and other quick edits.
- New ultra-affordable entry level HyperCaster AIO-B100-2+ all-in-one supporting these integrations, saving cost for single channel operations.
- New ultra-scalable top-of-the-line HyperCaster AIO-B2000-12X+ all-in-one supporting these integrations, saving cost for multiple channels with up to 20 total playout & encodes!
- Integrated live captioning with translation for dual language live captioning such as English and Spanish simultaneously, for affordably making your programming more accessible.
- HyperCaster automatic social media streaming rules, saving time delivering specific programming to multiple live social media sites such as Facebook, YouTube, and Twitch.
The new streaming rules feature expands on the existing time-saving, rules-based automation in HyperCaster that also includes:
- Scheduling Rules – fully automate scheduling episodic programs, live events, records, and replays to save a ton of time scheduling.
- Overlay Rules – fully automate graphic overlays for channel branding, program announcements, clocks, info tickers, sponsorship, and more.
- Content Workflow Rules – fully automate publishing for VOD to your website and your very own mobile and OTT apps (iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV, and Fire TV), sharing to the JAG server & Media Exchange, and archiving to networked storage and Archive.org. Reaching more viewers on new platforms opens up opportunities for revenue generation, including sponsorship, membership, pay-per-view, pay-per-download, and subscription models.
- Captioning Rules – fully automate which live events and pre-recorded programs are automatically captioned with TelVue SmartCaption™, with no additional hardware required, and now with optional translation to a second language. Captioning your programming delivers even more value to your diverse communities, and also makes your government meetings fully searchable.
Our upcoming HyperCaster & CloudCast releases will additionally include:
- Integrated Community Bulletin Board option to easily fill program gaps with images, videos, program guides, and background audio right from the HyperCaster.
- Redesigned, mobile-friendly scheduling pages to save time scheduling from mobile devices.
- Enhanced user access control and roles to distribute workloads more easily and securely.
- Full-view agenda/documents and channel schedules in the CloudCast video player alongside the playing video.
- Integrated, enhanced CloudCast viewer analytics dashboards & reports so you can measure your viewership and gain more insight into your audience.
The broadcast future is already here, so ready, set, integrate & automate! We hope to see you at the March JAG meeting. We’ll review all the newest and upcoming features across our products and share our roadmap. We look forward to hearing from you how we can continue to make modern broadcasting even easier, and help you save time, expand your audience, increase accessibility, and generate new sources of revenue.